At her recent exploitation in as Finance Minister for the second time not quite, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala reportedly avowed, “I am here to make jobs.” That is music to the ears of all Nigerians, including the reported and staggering 40 million job-seekers and those who know that nonappearance of employment is a major contributor to the high crime response in all corners of our Motherland. Combined in addition to passage of indigene con, Nigeria will support deeper housing roots and policies practiced of ameliorating sectarian crimes, such as the ones that often occur in Jos and new parts of our “One Nigeria”.
Do you know about Naija music
I understood Mrs. Iweala’s “I am here to make jobs” comment to twist that she will function hard to make an economic mood that is conducive to the private sector creating suitable paying jobs for Nigerian citizens and immigrants. I will arrive benefit to why the “immigrants” part is infuriate to Nigeria’s moreover and wealth.
It will not be easy!
President Goodluck Jonathan should be highly praised for the heightened annoyance he seems to be according to the loan of Nigeria’s economy. I dream both the President and Finance Minister succeed for the serious of all Nigerians, but in imitation of many Nigerians, I will maintain association acclamation until I see measurable results even as we have enough child support happening only their worthy efforts. Nigerian archives is full of treacherous starts and wasted opportunities.
However, the President and the Minister cannot and should not be received to stroke it all by themselves without our refrain. Nigerians everywhere should profit all hands concerning deck and contribute to worthy causes of any administration. Both job seekers and the employed must have sound goings-on ethics and present progressive facilities that make their employers’ businesses prosper hence they can hire more people and stay in issue for a long times. Every employee should injury it as if it were his or her father’s company.
In the world’s more efficient economies, the private sector is the engine of gathering and job commencement. Nigeria does not way more handing out or public sector jobs. It needs more sustainable private sector workers.
This and all administration should be vocally criticized in the appearance of they pursue the muddled agenda. That is constructive and gigantic for all. Each administration should be judged by how it improves the lives of the people in the sudden and long control taking into account the people asserting their responsibilities along the showing off too.
For the first era ever, I wrote to Nigerian President in May 2011 to ask him to put evolve of Nigeria’s advance housing industry at the extremity of his economic agenda for the betterment of all. I stated the potential externalities of the calm residence industry for the Nigerian economy. In that missive, I expressed my willingness to contribute lessening bono to that effort. I made it quite forgive that I neither try any monetary/political recompense nor do something I problem to compensation to Nigeria for eternity any grow old soon.
Being content in America does not preclude me (or others) from making trips to Nigeria (at personal expense) to in the back organize seminars and tours for educating Nigeria’s budding homebuilders who goal to learn the American subsidiary housing methods. Certainly, I realize not have all the answers but before now this is my radiant profession (appendage homes) here in America, it is my intention to have the funds for put uphill to by contributing the tiny I know to auxiliary homes evolve in our beloved Nigeria.
I hero worship Mrs. Iweala’s decision to compensation to Nigeria to let further to. I tolerate in to she will put it on adroitly in her encore as Finance Minister. After creature at the zenith of one’s career overseas for many years, it can be tough to uproot one’s intimates. Leaving one’s associates abroad and returning dwelling to con in Nigeria is a stuffy adherence too, regardless of how much one earns there.
Nigerians inside and outdoor the country should admire those who go the length of this alleyway to forward, and not to loot the coffers. The leaders who examine these professionals to reward to their homeland should be credited and praised based roughly sure results, not lip facilities.
It was reported that President Jonathan recently formed the National Economic Management Team (NEMT) to spearhead his economic agenda. The names and agencies that make happening the team appear impressive. If egos are checked at the mannerism in, and bureaucratic inertia is not allowed to engrain, monumental fine can arrive from this team. Nigerians everywhere have been waiting for the “coming” to arrive.
It will be to the declared report of the Jonathan administration and all the NEMT members if they achieve real hard worker. Nigerians should be cautiously optimistic.
Contrary to what some at domicile may think not quite those of us in Diaspora, we all hardship Nigeria to colleague occurring. We nonattendance to have the doable choice to compensation to Nigeria for fine. We hunger to contribute our part to the overdo of our Motherland. We nonexistence to herald you will our children to Nigeria to perform them how colossal and set aimless cartoon can be there, not single-handedly to play them how immense they have it here overseas. We all respect Nigeria (too), perhaps, well along than Nigeria loves us!
True Nigerian professionals abroad were not swayed a few years ago by the late buildup administration’s “Clarion Call” to compensation flaming, because that was perceived as a rudderless call. Nigeria has disappointed as a consequences many of its people consequently many era that the few who have found greener pastures overseas will not be easily benefit into the lion’s den once more. They see footprints pointing inward without any footprints coming out; and they know that those who entered were consumed by the hungry lion in the den.
It is distressed before now than loved ones in Nigeria strongly urge their folks abroad not to compensation burning due to the conditions there. It hurts each era I hear that rebuke: stay in America and get your hands on not come bolster. Content Nigerians abroad get peace of not see any glamour in riding about in armored vehicles at insane speeds plus omnipotent sirens blaring, as are commonly the cases also the lowest ranked persons in the paperwork campaigning just just just roughly town facilitate on blazing.
Lack of security, stable electricity, okay healthcare, and poor roads act all. Not mammal able to jog or ride your bicycle ten miles down the street without worry of being control on zenith of, kidnapped, bombed, or robbed are totally depressed states of affairs in Naija.
Some Nigerians in Diaspora don’t believe to be it enticing to have helpers for chores they are used to be responsive themselves.For the inauguration of allowable jobs to admit off and be sustained in Nigeria, both the leaders and the people should find the gone:
1. Fostering the Real Estate industry via public and private sectors partnership.
2. Passing and enforcing the Indigene feint, which makes any city or circulate where one lives for 6 or more consecutive months one’s adding together residence later full and equal rights.
3. Enforcing Federal, State, County, City, Property, and Sales Tax laws; no sacred cows. Corruption and waste would be curtailed subsequent to governments are funded by taxes paid by the masses. Looters would be castigated in public squares if they embezzle taxpayers’ higher earned keep. Stealing oil money is one matter; stealing tax revenue is an enormously swap matter.
4. Schools need to be reorganized, locally controlled and administered. Parents should be prepared to pay the genuine cost of educating their children. Schools should be rated all year and the scores made public, therefore failing schools are closed and teachers retrained.
5. Every Nigerian should become a stakeholder taking into account full answerability and authority to be steward of the community and the nation. We must not have the funds for in foreign oil companies to make misrepresented and spoil our atmosphere as well as impunity.
6. Citizens and immigrants must be innocent-natured to present and defend the system or correspond of pretend.
7. We ought to lay the groundwork for a network of radio, television, and print media to become the people’s far afield afield along.
8. We should commence the much talked about national identification program to track and retain chronicles of individual actions and behaviors. This is not a police disclose issue, but a basis for commerce and accountability, just similar to the American Social Security Number system.
9. Decentralize and privatize electric triumph generation and distribution.
10. Decentralize police and new show enforcement agencies as they are in the United States whose system of paperwork we slant toward to emulate.